- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets which is nothing but a stylesheet language. Basically it is used to describe the presentation of an HTML (or XML) document.
- CSS also describes how elements must be rendered on screen, on paper, or in other media.
- CSS also describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on screen, paper, or in other media.
- CSS saves a lot of work. It can control the layout of multiple web pages all at once.
- External stylesheets are stored in CSS files.
With our online editor, you can edit the CSS, and click on submit button to view the result.
Try it Yourself
font-family: "Times New Roman";
<h1>My First CSS Demo Example</h1>
<p>Welcome 2 SILAN SOFTWARE.</p>
CSS is used to define styles for your web pages, including the design, layout and variations in display for different devices and screen sizes.
HTML was NEVER intended to contain tags for formatting a web page!
HTML was created to describe the content of a web page, like:
<h1>This is a heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>
But the development of large websites, where fonts and color information were added to every single page, became a long and expensive process. The style definitions are normally saved in external .css files.With an external stylesheet file, you can change the look of an entire website by changing just one file.