- Python is an interpreted language i.e. interpreter executes the code line by line at a time. This makes debugging easy and thus suitable for beginners.
- Python is free and open source.
- Python can run equally on different platforms such as Windows, Linux, Unix , Mac etc, hence it is also called as cross platform language.
- Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
- Python supports GUI applications that can be created and ported to many system calls, libraries and windows systems, such as Windows MFC, Macintosh, and the X Window system of Unix.
- Python supports functional and structured programming methods as well as OOP.
- Python provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- Python supports automatic garbage collection.
- Python can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.