Introduction to Web Services
- In general if we will discuss what is web service.then we can say the service what we will get over web.
- Here one application(let in JAVA) can communicate another application(let in C++) on different platforms.
- So we can say web service is an application for communication. As i can say a java application can communicate with C++, PHP, .net applications
- It is an application for interoperable machine to machine communication
- Web service is a specification that means a set of rules and guide lines and how 2 applications communicate with each other. Web services have no API.
There are two types of Web Services such as SOAP [Simple Object Access Protocol] web services and REST[Representational State Transfer]ful web services.
- Single-line Comment
- Multi-line Comment
Basic Terminology of Web Services
- SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol.
- SOAP is a XML-based protocol for accessing web services.
- SOAP is a W3C recommendation for communication between applications.
- SOAP is platform independent and language independent that means it can be used with Java, .Net or PHP language on any platform.
- It is important to develop web applications for communication over HTTP, because HTTP is supported by all Internet browsers and servers. SOAP was created to accomplish this
- WSDL stands for Web Services Description Language.
- WSDL is a xml based language containing information about web services such as method name, method parameter and how to access it. It describes web services.
- WSDL is a part of UDDI. It acts as a interface between web service applications.
- WSDL is a W3C recommendation
- UDDI stands for Universal Description, Discovery and Integration.
- It is a XML based framework describing, discovering and integrating web services.
- It is a directory of web service interfaces described by WSDL, containing information about web services.