JDBC Type-1 Driver (JDBC-ODBC bridge driver)
In a Type 1 driver, a JDBC bridge is used to access ODBC drivers installed on each client machine.
Using ODBC requires configuring on your system a Data Source Name (DSN) that represents the target database.
When Java first came out, this was a useful driver because most databases only supported ODBC access but now this type of driver is recommended only for experimental use or when no other alternative is available.
- Serves as a single driver that can be used to interact with different data stores.
- Allows you to communicate with all the databases supported by the ODBC driver.
- Represents as a vendor independent driver and is available along with in-built JDK.
- Decreases the execution speed due to the more number of translations(includes JDBC->ODBC->DB Native calls).
- Depends on the ODBC driver due to which Java applications indirectly become dependent on ODBC drivers.
- Requires ODBC binary code(or ODBC client library) that must be installed on every client to access data from the database
Java Training | Python Training | Machine Learning with Python Training | Deep Learning with Python Training | Data Science with Python Training | Projects
Silansoftware Pvt.Ltd, BBSR Call to: 0674-2361252